2022 Show Dates & Schedule
10 am - 5 pm Saturday, February 19, 2022
9 am - 4 pm Sunday, February 20, 2022
Friday, February 18, 2022
12 pm - 6pm • Registration/Set-up
Saturday, February 19, 2022
6:30 am - 8 am • Late Registration/Set-up
9 am • Area cleared of all vehicles
10 am • Judging
10 am - 5 pm • Open to Public
Sunday, February 20, 2022
9 am - 4 pm • Open to Public
Awards Will Be Given In Three Categories
2-Dimensional, 3- Dimensional, and Creative Crafts
1st— Ribbon + $400.00 + Unjuried entry to the subsequent show
2nd — Ribbon + $235.00 + Unjuried entry to the subsequent show
3rd — Ribbon + $115.00 + Unjuried entry to subsequent show
2 Honorable Mention — Ribbons + Unjuried entry to subsequent show
• Entry Fee: $35
• Booth Fee: $395
• Application Deadline: 11:59PM EST November 20, 2021
Please review the Artist Standards and Rules, and then use our quick and easy online application system to register for the 2022 Fair.
Questions? Send an email to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Annual Sanibel Island Arts and Crafts Festival! We are making some exciting changes to the fair layout to assist with the flow of attendees throughout the grounds.
The Annual Sanibel Island Arts and Crafts Festival will take place over President’s Day weekend in February at the Sanibel Community House (2173 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel Island, FL 33957). President’s Day weekend is the pinnacle of our busy winter tourist season. Visitors from all over the world crowd Sanibel’s internationally famous pristine white sand beaches, including the affluent, sophisticated art buyers you will meet at the Art Fair. This is a great opportunity to share your art with folks who will truly value and treasure it for years to come.
This highly regarded festival offers you the opportunity to present your fine art and fine crafts in an idyllic setting during the busiest time of the winter season. The Sanibel-Captiva Islands rank among the nation’s top destinations for upper-income visitors and seasonal residents. The consistently high quality of the work exhibited at the Art Festival attracts knowledgeable art lovers and buyers. This festival has all the characteristics for success: location, venue, audience and ambiance equal to the top-ranked outdoor shows nationwide!
We also award cash prizes to artists in several categories, and we treat our artists like royalty! Refreshments, booth sitters, special artist parking, and unparalleled other amenities. More detailed information is available in the application and files below.
In order to preserve the quality of our show and ensure the best possible art buying experience for the Festival's visitors, we limit the amount of artists we accept based on available space. We feature a juried exhibition process to which we welcome your submission. We look forward to seeing your work!
2019's Creative Crafts Art winner
2019's 3D winner
How to Register
A. Jury fee: $35.00 (includes sales tax) for each entry.
B. Exhibition fee: $395.00 for each entry (includes sales tax), $790 for a double booth if available.
C. You may show only in the category in which you are accepted.
D. Jury fee(s) is non-refundable.
E. Make all checks payable to Sanibel-Captiva Rotary Club.
2. Samples of Work
A. 4 current high-resolution digital images in JPG, PNG OR PDF including 1 of display booth as set up.
B. Application materials must reference applicant’s name, and category.
C. Decisions of the Selection Jury are final.
A. Applications will not be accepted that are received after 11:59 pm EST on November 20, 2021.
B. Notice of acceptance will be e-mailed on or before December 20th and published on our website.
When accepted, your name and artwork will be posted on our web site www.sanibelartfair.com.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OVERNIGHT PARKING IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR THIS FAIR.
Arts & Crafts Fair Standards and Rules
1. Exhibit spaces measure 10’ x 10’. No awnings allowed by order of the Fire Marshal.
2. Spaces may not be shared. Each artist will be allowed only one space per entry (double spaces granted at the discretion of the show committed due to space limitations). No guarantee is made for storage space behind or on side of booth.
3. All participants must provide their own display, sturdy enough to withstand crowds, winds and weather conditions.
4. Each artist is responsible for their own booth set-up and preparation.
5. All works of art must be ORIGINAL. Paintings reproduced from woks of the Masters from advertisements and from widely circulated photographs are no considered original works of art and may not be displayed or sold. All work must be attributable solely to the displaying artist.
6. Objects assembled from commercially sold kits are not allowed.
7. Works exhibited and displayed must include works attributable in style and quality to those submitted for review by the Selection Jury. Sanibel-Captiva Rotary reserves the right to remove any exhibitor whose works differ significantly from their samples submitted with the online application.
8. Dealers or agents may not stand in proxy for artists. (ID will be required at Check-in and Check-out.
9. Exhibitors not checked in before 8 a.m. Saturday will lose the right to their space.
10. Judging will begin 10 a.m. Saturday. Artists must be present with their displays during the judging. Artists must personally exhibit their work both days to be eligible for an award.
11. Artists must exhibit during the schedule show hours. Leaving early automatically forfeits eligibility for future shows. No Agents or Substitute/Stand-ins are permitted. YOU, the Artists, must be present at the show.
12. Ribbons from other shows may not be displayed.
13. Booth ID Placards must be displayed on front of booth and visible from pedestrian aisles.
14. An accepted application is a binding commitment to show and no refunds will be made for cancellation less than 30 days from show date (except for documented illness received up to 24 hours from show date).
15. No pets belonging to exhibitors are permitted on show grounds, except service animals.
16. No commissions will be taken on any sales. Artists are responsible for their Florida sales tax.
17. The Art Fair is a family-oriented outdoor show for spectators of all ages. Work exhibited must be in keeping with the atmoshphere. In order to insure that all rules are being complied with, all displays will be viewed by the Viewing Committee throughout the show. The Viewing Committee has sole discretion to require removal of work(s) which violate any of the rules. Violations may result in an artitst being asked to remove his/her exhibit from the show.
18. Set-up, parking and registration instructions will be mailed/emailed upon acceptance to the show.
19. The Sanibel-Captiva Rotary Club will have on-site security day and night. However, the Club is not responsible for damage, theft or loss of an individual’s material or personal property.
20. Artist may demonstrate their medium within their booth.
21. If an artist’s display breaks or damages another artist’s work, he/she is responsible for paying for said damage in cash.
22. Space is limited in our fairground area. No vehicle over 25-ft or trailer over 20-ft will be allowed into the set-up area.
23. For security reasons, all artists and assistants must visibly wear name tags when in show grounds.
24. Jury and Judge(s) reserve the right to re-classify category of application.
*SANIBEL-CAPTIVA Rotary Arts & Crafts Festival COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
The San Cap Rotary Art Festival, Sanibel, Florida, (February 19 & 20, 2022) takes the safety and well being of our artists, volunteers and guests seriously. Mindful of the concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we are committed to being responsive, heeding guidance on preventative measures from the CDC, as well as state and local guidelines.
We do not have any plans to cancel the event at this time.
If we cancel the event because of issues related to the COVID-19 virus, then our refund policy on Application/Jury and Booth fees will be as follows:
The Sanibel Captiva Rotary Art Festival will return 100% of an artist’s Application/Jury and Booth fees. The manner in which refunds will be dispersed is to be determined, but we will do our best to process them in a timely manner.
ALL DECISIONS AND RULINGS BY THE JURY AND/OR COMMITTEE ARE FINAL